#Writeadvice offers free one-to-one consultation with tutors on how to improve your writing skills and produce better assignments.
Each consultation session will be tailored to your specific needs. You may wish to seek advice on:
- planning an assignment;
- organising ideas effectively;
- tackling grammar and vocabulary problems.
#Writeadvice is currently offered on Tsing Yi (Room 415) and Chai Wan (Learning Commons, 1/F) campuses. You may also consult our tutors outside office hours via Skype.
- Please make an appointment if you would like to have a written assignment or a piece of personal writing looked at by a #Writeadvice tutor. However, #Writeadvice is NOT a proof-reading service and you are advised to come to your appointment with specific questions in relation to the planning, organisation and/or language of your writing.
- Walk-in requests for consultation may be accepted but only on a space-available basis.
- Please be advised that you must bring your own work, whether on paper or on a laptop/tablet. We will not print your assignments for you.
- For each assignment please book no more than one hour of appointments per day or two hours per week.
- All student tutors at #Writeadvice are carefully selected and professionally trained to help their peers with English writing. For this reason, you are not encouraged to choose a specific tutor for your appointment. Your preference for a tutor may be considered but not always accepted because the scheduling of #Writeadvice appointments depends on tutors' availability.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. If you are late for 15 minutes or more, your appointment may be cancelled and the consultation session will be allocated to walk-in students.
- If you need to cancel an appointment, please write to email@example.com at least 3 hours in advance.
- If you cancel an appointment at the last minute or do not show up for an appointment, you may not be able to make a new appointment online or sign up for a walk-in appointment for the next 24 hours.
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send us:
(1) your full name and English name,
(2) student ID,
(3) mobile phone number,
(4) specific request or enquiry, and
(5) dissertation file in Word or PDF.